As a foreigner, you may be eligible to apply for permanent residence if you are a/an:
- Spouse of a Singapore citizen (SC) or Singapore permanent resident (PR)
- Unmarried child aged below 21 born within the context of a legal marriage to, or have been legally adopted by, a SC or PR
- Aged parent of a SC
- Holder of an Employment Pass or S Pass
- Student studying in Singapore
- Foreign investor in Singapore.
ICA takes into account factors such as the individual’s family ties to Singaporeans, economic contributions, qualifications, age, family profile and length of residency, to assess the applicant’s ability to contribute to Singapore and integrate into our society, as well as his or her commitment to sinking roots.
If you are a foreign investor in Singapore, you can apply for permanent residence at the Singapore Economic Development Board under the Global Investor Programme.
A S$100 non-refundable processing fee is payable for each applicant at the point of submission of PR application.
Payment can be made using
- Visa or MasterCard credit/debit card or,
- American Express (AMEX) credit card or,
- Internet Direct Debit (DBS/POSB, OCBC, UOB and Standard Chartered Bank Internet Banking accounts in Singapore) or,
All applications for PR are carefully considered and reviewed by ICA. Generally, PR applications take about four to six months to process, provided all the required documents are submitted. Depending on the complexity of the case, some applications may take more than six months to process.